Monday 29 July 2013

Getting Psyched for the Twelve Week Challenge

Over a month ago, I bought a gorgeous yellow bikini. It was not eenie meenie (nor polkadot - hehe...) so I thought it would be fine to buy it without trying it on. Well, it fit. But my reflection in the mirror after trying it on was discouraging to say the least. After months of regular and tough workouts at the gym, and sessions with the amazing Trevor, I was not seeing the fruits of my labor... in my case, that meant looking good in a bikini for my honeymoon in the Carribean!

I took a picture of myself in the bikini to look at every time I went to reach for a piece of cake from the fridge, or go on a midnight McDonalds run. This was actually working quite well until I went to my hairdressers, and tried showing her some styles I had saved to my camera roll. Of course, while flicking through my photos, I accidentally showed her that glorious piece of art, hereafter named Heather in Yellow Bikini which prompted no end of shame on my part - even though she pretended to have missed it.

What to do now? I knew that the one thing that motivated me to hit the gym in the first place was accountability. Group sessions, eating plans and having people check up on you every week - that was exactly the kind of motivation I needed to lose the love handles and the tuckshopesque arms. I'm definitely not brave enough to post a "before" picture here on the blog, but be warned, there will most likely be an "after" picture of me looking like an Amazon warrior in a sports bra.

Just kidding.

Anyway, this is just a shout-out to my fellow Brisbane-based readers out there in the blogosphere to join me in kicking the last few kilos into the ground. You can sign up for the challenge here - it's not too late! Here's to a bikini-ready Summer!

- H

No comments:

Post a Comment