Saturday 6 July 2013

Happenings

Reading: Me Talk Pretty One Day - David Sedaris. I love Sedaris, and this is one of my favorites. Since all my books are in storage until Wade and I move, I've been re-reading my favorite eBooks on my Kindle. The chapter about a subway ride he took while living in Paris is possibly my favorite thing ever written.

“People are often frightened of Parisians, but an American in Paris will find no harsher critic than another American.” 

I'm exceptionally excited about An Evening With David Sedaris at the Powerhouse next year!

Watching: Packed to the Rafters. As soon as I heard this show was finishing, I started watching it, and made my sisters and my mom watch it too. We're totally hooked. It's so different to my family life, because it's incredibly Aussie but that's why we love it.

Listening: I found an old mix CD that I made for Wade in '08. It rocks. I'm serious, I love every single song on the CD. It's very Blink and A New Found Glory-heavy which is weird, until I remembered that that was all Wade listened to for a while there and I obviously got into it too.

Loving: This awesome little desktop calendar by Rebecca Seale. I always set her calendars as my wallpaper, and when Wade and I buy an actual house, I would love to buy one of her personalized house portraits.


- H

No comments:

Post a Comment