Saturday 29 June 2013

The Last Wedding Before Ours!

Today Wade and I attended the wedding of some of our friends, Tara and Johnathan. It was a slightly more stressful day than we had anticipated, to say the least. The pianist at the wedding was having jitters and so Wade was roped in, twenty minutes before the bride walked down the aisle, to play guitar for the ceremony. You know what's difficult? Playing old hymns on guitar. I was totally freaking out, and crossing my fingers and toes that he wouldn't mess up. I was so proud to see him up there playing like he had been practicing for weeks instead of twenty minutes. Then, in between the ceremony and the reception, Wade and I popped up to my Grandmother's house, only to find that she had very low blood sugar (she is Type One diabetic) and was fading slowly out of consciousness. Without breaking a sweat, Wade went into paramedic mode, testing her blood sugar, giving her juice and preparing glucagon for her while I stood around and freaked out - again. And we didn't have to take her to hospital, which was awesome. For the rest of the day, and all through the night, I continued to be totally amazed by this guy who takes on any challenge that comes his way without panicking about it at all? Sitting through weddings always makes me think about my wedding, and now finally the next wedding will be ours. And I'm almost certain that at the next wedding, Wade won't be as calm!

- H

No comments:

Post a Comment