Saturday 15 June 2013

Little Pops of Neon

When it comes to fashion, for me, being super comfortable and wearing figure-flattering clothes always takes precedence over the latest trend. This has actually come about pretty recently, when three months ago I did a huge clothing cull and sold over half of my wardrobe on eBay - including lots of items that still had tags on them and things I had only worn just once. After reading about the 40 hanger closet I invested in some cute and functional hangers and every time I buy a new item, I make myself donate or sell another item. I've found that I rarely moan, "I have nothing to wear" anymore because I know what I have to wear and I also know that most of the different pieces co-ordinate with each other.

I've also found myself investing in accessories to make the outfit - things like a great bag, or a new pair of shoes, or a great statement necklace. At the moment I'm enjoying incorporating pops of neon into my winter wardrobe. This bag was an absolute steal from one of those cheap handbag stores. I like it because it's neutral, but at the same time it has that great orange detailing! And when neon isn't popular anymore I won't feel too bad about donating it because I got it for cheap. I snapped this quickly on my way to church, so sorry about the quality of the image!

No comments:

Post a Comment