Monday 3 June 2013

Happenings

Reading: The Sweetheart Season - Karen Joy Fowler. I picked this one up at a secondhand bookstore because I really enjoyed reading The Jane Austen Bookclub, so I thought it might be similar. It's not. But I'm enjoying it nonetheless. It's set in post-WWII, where a small town is suffering a shortage of men who have not returned from the war, but instead "moved on to greener pastures" and married foreign women, or out-of-towners. To solve this, the town starts an all-girl baseball team. If you read it, let me know how you like it!

Watching: Masterchef Australia. I realized that Wade and I have watched every single series of this show together (we're in season 5 now!), and I still absolutely love it. I love watching cooking shows, but it never inspires me to cook. Wade loves watching them - I think because he thinks it will someday inspire me to cook. Right now, Wade is the chef in our relationship. I make the coffee, and occasionally bake.

Listening: What else? Random Access Memories - Daft Punk. For a while there, Get Lucky was my jam, and so when the album came out I downloaded it on Spotify. At first it was so different that I wasn't enjoying it as much as I thought i, but then I started listening to tracks such as Lose Yourself to Dance, and now I'm loving it again.

Loving: Three links today! First, this manicure on The Beauty Department:


Second, this article about living in my favorite city, 25 Things I wish I knew before moving to San Francisco, which also includes this great (and slightly hilarious) infographic:


And finally, this awesome collection by photographer Jamie C. Moore to celebrate her daughter's fifth birthday:
 Enjoy!

- H

No comments:

Post a Comment