Saturday 1 June 2013

Transformers Tattoo

Last year, I had an English Lit class with a really pretty girl. She always wore these gorgeous sundresses and brightly colored cardigans - really cute stuff. I loved her style. Then I looked at her feet. Peeping out of her cute floral flats were two Transformers tattoos. One autobot symbol and one decepticon symbol. I think. I'm not really an expert. At all.

Anyway, it got me to thinking why she would tattoo Transformers on the tops of her feet. Was there a special meaning behind them? Could there be a special meaning behind them? I was thinking about this when it hit me - if anyone would have a reason to get a Transformers tattoo on their body, it would probably be me. And I don't like the movies at all.

Let me backtrack to high school, when the movie was a really big hit, and everyone was talking about it and seeing it and reminiscing about their childhoods watching the TV show. I never watched Transformers growing up. I was more of an Arthur kind of girl - you know, Arthur the aardvark? So I wasn't too interested in seeing the movie, until one of my oldest friends asked me to go see it with him. I agreed, and we made plans to see it the next day. Then my Dad asked me if I wanted to go to the beach, so I texted my friend and cancelled. We rescheduled for the next week, until I remembered that I had a friend's birthday party and cancelled again. We didn't reschedule.

The next time I saw this guy, I was about to go in for surgery, and he was about to go volunteer at the Red Bull air show. He told me, in no uncertain terms that if I still hadn't seen Transformers by the time he got back, he would take me and I wasn't allowed to cancel. And he did, the day I got out of hospital.

I was on about a whole bunch of painkillers, so I was really dopey when he picked me up. We sat on a guard rail by the river while we waited for the movie to start, and I remember trying to stay coherent enough so that I wouldn't topple off. When the movie started I fell asleep within about ten minutes on my friend's shoulder.

But that doesn't matter, because guess what?


That movie ended up being my first unofficial date with Wade.

- H

No comments:

Post a Comment