Tuesday 21 May 2013

Glitz and Glam

This year has been the year of crazy when it comes to birthdays. It feels like every second week my friends and I are getting together to celebrate a milestone. On Saturday we partied hard for Jess's 21st, which was - gasp! - themed. I love themes, but am terribly lazy at pulling a costume together until The. Last. Possible. Minute. Also I am on a crazy strict budget these days while saving for the wedding and our apartment. So I didn't want to buy anything too pricey. The day before the party I bolted into one of the lower priced chain fashion stores and started grabbing every dress that suited the theme "Burlesque". I was looking for something either burlesque-y (read: sequins) or something 1920s-ish which is what I got from the invitations. Finally I tried on this dress, which was on the clearance rack because the sequins had started to come loose - yay! I also had some 1920s accessories left over from when I was in the musical Singing in the Rain, playing Lina. I had them packed away in a really dusty box, but I was happy that I finally got to wear them again... four years later!

Here are some snaps from the party. Thanks Jess for throwing an amazing party, and being an even more amazing friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment