Thursday 9 May 2013

The Gatsby Countdown

Three weeks until Gatsby is released in Australia! (Sometimes it sucks living all the way over here, where things get released weeks, months and sometimes years after their American release!) I haven't been this excited for a movie since the final Harry Potter installment. One year ago I watched the very first trailer, while I was holidaying in the states, and just about jumped out of my seat because it looked so amazing. The thing that caught my eye straight away was Daisy's amazing Tiffany's jewellery. I absolutely adore the headpiece, and I want it, and I want to wear it at my wedding and then every day for the rest of my life. Honestly. And the ring, I was so excited to see, is a similar style to my engagement ring that Wade picked out - except a lot bigger (of course!). I didn't really know much about my ring when Wade gave it to me, except that I hadn't seen anything like it, and it was modeled after a 1920s ring. I fell instantly in love with it though, and I don't think I'll be taking it off my finger any time soon.

Source: bookriot.com
When I saw this post on Fabulous K that shows you a whole bunch of different Gatsby-inspired jewels, I was clicking through to see every single piece of jewellery, and just swooning over it. What can I say? Diamonds are my birthstone!

Source: Fabulous K

I'm going to see a late screening of the movie as a reward for handing in a huge final assignment. I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait!

- H

No comments:

Post a Comment