Monday 27 May 2013

Happenings

Reading: The Most Important Year - Wolgemuth & Devries. Last night, Wade and I had dinner with some dear friends, Reuben and Donna. We were talking about our first year of marriage and our expectations of that. Donna ran over to her bookshelf and grabbed this book. "You need to read this!" they told us. The premise of the book is that the first year of marriage will set up the rest of your entire life together if you get into good habits and good ways of relating early. I started reading this book as soon as I got home, and didn't resurface until three hours later. It was an incredibly easy read, but packed with so much practical wisdom that I am rereading and taking notes. I usually like to highlight the crap out of books that I own, but because this book isn't mine, I can't do that - until my copy from Amazon comes that is!

Watching: Arrow - Season 1
I love a good superhero show. I'm a total geek, especially when it comes to Superman shows. I have seen every episode of Lois & Clark, and Smallville, so I was really looking forward to Arrow. If I ever got into screenwriting for TV (this used to be my dream, until I studied screenwriting and discovered that you had to be able to accept criticism all the time), I have a great superhero show that I've been writing in my head for, oh, I don't know, seven years.

Listening: Wade bought my brother the LeCrae CD, Gravity and I stole it off him and I'm listening to it now. I don't want to love Christian rappers, but I have to say, this particular guy is really growing on me. Thanks a lot, Wade.

Loving:
This piece by David Delahunty. It combines a childhood favorite book with an adulthood favorite jam. What more could you ask for?

Source: behance.net

Wanting: We found our dream apartment today after months of apartment hunting. It's the right price, in the right location and it has everything I've been looking for, from hardwood floors, to an open kitchen, to a separate laundry and bright, white walls. We have had a couple of setbacks while applying for a home loan, but I really hope that this could be the one!


- H

No comments:

Post a Comment