Sunday 19 May 2013

Us

Being with Wade doesn't make sense. We were friends for so many years. Nothing more than friends. Maybe at one stage I had a tiny tiny tiny crush on him, but that was almost a decade ago. Then, for half of that decade between then and now we held each other at arms length, coming together only occasionally, and usually accidentally. 

Then one day, years ago, everything changed. I say that it was one day because it felt like it happened that fast. One night I fell asleep dreaming about moving halfway around the world to go to college. And the next I fell asleep dreaming about him. They call it falling for a reason. Isn't it the most beautiful coincidence when you fall at the same time?

But then again, I don't believe in coincidence.

- H

No comments:

Post a Comment